Wednesday, January 6, 2010

GEE...GEE!


It all started on facebook. Every time I would log on, at least one person's status update would contain 'GG'. I later found out that 'GG' stood for Gossip Girl, which is a show - in case you didn't already know. The hype on this show is unbelievable. All of my friends are fans. Hardcore fans. I had never seen an episode but was convinced by my friends to watch it as they knew that I would love it. I watched it in the hope to prove them all wrong. I didnt want to like it, as those O.C style shows ain't my thang. In the back of my mind, I was a bit concerned that they would actually be right, and I too would become a freaky loving GG devotee.

Verdict:
After watching season one and with much deliberation, I would like to say that Gossip Girl wasn't as bad as I thought. It was worse. I couldn't believe how bad the script was, how poor the actors were and overall how it was just a bad bad show. How could i face my friends after that. I was so ashamed that I kept my thoughts to myself until I could no longer hold it. Not liking 'GG' would make me the ultimate black sheep, cos err' body love 'GG'.

I'll still keep watching the show. Purely out of curiosity. It's not a horrific show, it's just really bad. Better than The Bold and the Beautiful, thats a plus.


No comments:

Post a Comment